Meet Dr. T.J. Giuffrida
Board-Certified Mohs Surgeon
When selecting a doctor for skin cancer treatment, you want to find an expert you can trust. Patients throughout South Florida, and many from around the world, have their trust and care in Dr. T.J. Giuffrida, founder of Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center in Coral Gables, Florida.
Dr. Giuffrida has been practicing for more than 10 years in the Miami area and the Florida Keys. He has extensive experience in the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer and is one of the few fellowship-trained, board-certified skin cancer surgeons performing Mohs surgery with the highest quality and competency.
Mohs surgery is the best treatment for the most common types of skin cancer. This procedure is a state-of-the-art skin cancer treatment in which the physician serves as surgeon, pathologist, and reconstructive surgeon.
Skin Cancer Expert in Miami, FL
Board-certified by the American Board of Dermatology and an active member of the American College of Mohs Surgery, Dr. Giuffrida is highly trained and skilled. In fact, Dr. Giuffrida’s practice is distinguished by him being one of the few fellowship trained Miami Mohs surgeons. Dr. Giuffrida also provides teaching to residents at the University of Miami.
His credentials and memberships include:
- Board Certified in Dermatology, American Board of Dermatology
- Board Certified in Micrographic Dermatologic Surgery, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology (FAAD)
- Associate, American College of Mohs Surgery
- Member, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS)
- Member, Miami Society for Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery
- Member, Skin Cancer Foundation
- Volunteer Faculty, University of Miami School of Medicine
His education and training consist of:
- Fellowship: Mohs Surgery - Dr. Glenn Goldstein | Kansas City, Kansas (2004)
- Residency: Dermatology - University of Miami School of Medicine | Miami, Florida (2002)
- MD: Emory University School of Medicine | Atlanta, Georgia (1998)
- BS: University of Florida | Gainesville, Florida (1994)
Caring, Unique Experience
Dr. Giuffrida’s practice is unique because of his dedication to his patients. He focuses on forming relationships with his patients and spends significant time talking with them. Dr. Giuffrida knows that educating patients about protecting their skin and what the sun can do to it is extremely important. In addition, he pays special attention to seeing patients on time. Dr. Giuffrida says “I’m able to do this since I am highly specialized and don’t schedule a high number of patients as other offices do.”
If you are concerned about your skin, Dr. Giuffrida can help determine if you have a skin cancer. If you already have a skin cancer, Dr. Giuffrida will help you understand your type of skin cancer and craft an individualized treatment plan that is best for you.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Giuffrida, call Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center today at (305) 461-2000 or use our convenient online request form.